One of the most valuable things we can do to heal one another is to listen to each other's stories.
I am honestly sick and tired of being walked all over. I am a nice person and I do what I can for my friends. With a few people, I end up getting screwed over and taken advantage of in the end. Here within the past few weeks I am learning who my friends are. There are certain people that I need to cut out of my life - even though some of them are ones that I've known half of my life. I don't want people who bring negative energy and drama into my life. Those people just end up driving me up the wall and upsetting me.
I am so lucky to have the friends that I do - there are some that I am closer to than others. Some I have become close to recently and some I've been close to forever. They are the ones who are always there for me to talk to and are proud of my achievements. They are truly my strength when I need it.
I am so glad to have someone who makes me feel good about myself and knows how to make me smile. It's kind of strange because my friends are starting to notice that I am just happier. I can just be myself when I talk to him and this is what I like the most. He thinks I'm pretty but doesn't judge me on just that. He sees me for who I truly am and likes my personality. Because beauty only lasts for so long. If you don't have the personality to go with it, then you truly have nothing going or you. Even if it ends up just being a friendship, I'll be fine with that. Who knows what the future brings.
I am truly blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment