Wednesday, October 13, 2010

So I am officially a genius. I went to help my friend's momma pack and get ready to move. Well in the midst of it, I tripped on her bed frame and it gouged my ankle. At first, I thought it was just like a huge scratch and light gouge so I put a "makeshift bandage" made of a washcloth and packaging tape on it.

While helping Brad's mom, she gave me a few sweet things that mean the world to me. She gave me a picture of Brad from when he was in early high school and it was the sweetest gesture ever. That picture has a special place on one of my shelves. She also gave me a clay cross for helping her move and it now sits with the picture of Brad on my shelf. I also got a beautiful teke dolphin that sits on my desk. I love Momma Tish and see were Brad got his kindness from. After helping her move, I went to the cemetery to visit Brad and almost as soon after I sat down, his Uncle Al drove up to place Autumn flowers at his grave. We had a great talk and sat there for almost an hour. I found out that the guitar that I had given him years before was one of his prized possessions and that just touched my heart. We shared memories and laughed and cried. I told him about the night I had given him the guitar and how I still remembered the hug that Brad had given me after that. I'll always remember that hug and the look on his face when he opened the guitar case. I miss him and the random text messages he sent me that typically got to me exactly when I needed a pick me up. I will never forget him and I would bend over backwards to help his mom and Uncle Al in any way possible.

Here are some pictures of my ankle. First up is my banging makeshift bandage.
We didn't think it was bad, but boy were we wrong! This is after I got home and unwrapped it.

After my ankle started to swell, I went to the ER and ended up having to get 6 stitches.
I cannot do heavy exercises for 2 weeks and I have to keep it mostly dry. I want to keep going to CrossFit, but I'm going to have to talk to Shane about doing something light so I wont bust my stitches. The wound is like right on the bend of my ankle lol I'm just that good.
"I’m absolutely ordinary — well, except for bad things like all the near-death experiences and being so clumsy that I’m almost disabled."

No comments:

Post a Comment