So I faced my fears and went to the cemetery yesterday. I went alone because I didn't know how I would react. Yes, I cried - but the tears made everything better.
It was a beautiful day and I couldn't ask for a better one. I got into McComb and decided I wanted to grab lunch and picnic at my dad's grave - so I went to Popeye's (one of our favorite places), got my chicken and went to the cemetery. It was so quiet and still there. It was kinda eerie seeing my dad's headstone.
I ate my chicken, turned on some music and just visited. I even stretched my legs out in the attempt to get some sun - just like I would've done if my dad had been there with me in person. After I finished eating I laid on the ground, with my head on his gravestone and talked to him for a little bit. Think I'm crazy if you'd like, but it helped me so much. I told him what Shane had done and how angry I was at him. Then after about 15 minutes of talking - I kissed his gravestone and got up to leave. I felt a breeze wrap around my body. At that moment, I knew that my dad and grandparents were there. That breeze was them hugging me. The sun shining on my face felt left a presence of their kisses on my cheeks. It was a moment I cherish.
I am glad that I went to the cemetery alone because I would've never had that moment if I had brought someone with me.
It was a beautiful day and I couldn't ask for a better one. I got into McComb and decided I wanted to grab lunch and picnic at my dad's grave - so I went to Popeye's (one of our favorite places), got my chicken and went to the cemetery. It was so quiet and still there. It was kinda eerie seeing my dad's headstone.
I ate my chicken, turned on some music and just visited. I even stretched my legs out in the attempt to get some sun - just like I would've done if my dad had been there with me in person. After I finished eating I laid on the ground, with my head on his gravestone and talked to him for a little bit. Think I'm crazy if you'd like, but it helped me so much. I told him what Shane had done and how angry I was at him. Then after about 15 minutes of talking - I kissed his gravestone and got up to leave. I felt a breeze wrap around my body. At that moment, I knew that my dad and grandparents were there. That breeze was them hugging me. The sun shining on my face felt left a presence of their kisses on my cheeks. It was a moment I cherish.
I am glad that I went to the cemetery alone because I would've never had that moment if I had brought someone with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment